From the unveiling of a brand new coaster at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari to always popular activities like writing letters to Santa at the Santa Claus Museum & Village and exploring the great outdoors at Lincoln State Park—there are tons of fun things to do in Santa Claus, Indiana, and throughout the area.
And whether you’re experiencing the magic of the area for the first or 50th time, our list of 24 things to do in 2024 is packed with ideas you’ll definitely want to add to your itinerary!
24 Things to Do in the Santa Claus, Indiana, Area
1. A total solar eclipse will take place on Monday, April 8—and the Santa Claus, Indiana, area is in the zone of totality! There will be special events all Eclipse weekend long to celebrate this unique phenomenon.
2. Be first in line at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari this summer to experience the debut of the park’s first family roller coaster, Good Gravy!
3. The new coaster isn’t the only summer excitement at Holiday World. The Holidays in the Sky Drone and Fireworks Spectacular is back June 22 – August 4.
4. It’s never too early to work on your Christmas wish list, so head to Santa Claus Museum & Village to write your letter to Santa in the town’s original post office.
5. Feeling hungry? Accept the Fat Santa Challenge at Fat Santa’s Pizza & More to take on a pizza that’s 16 inches, 6+ pounds, and piled high with 16 toppings!
6. Lincoln Amphitheatre will announce the lineup for its 2024 performance schedule on February Tickets go on sale the same day, and you’ll want to act fast—many shows sold out quickly last year!
7. Hike, bike, boat, fish, swim—if you’re looking for outdoor fun, you’ll find it at Lincoln State Park!
9. Discover your artistic side at Good Life Designs and take home a paint-your-own ceramic masterpiece.
10. Settle in to your perfect summer home away from home at one of the area’s cozy cottages or cabins.
11. Find everything from festive holiday décor to deliciously delectable fudge and cookies at the Santa Claus Christmas Store.
12. From burgers to beignets, you’ll find mouthwatering menus at restaurants throughout the area.
13. Gather the whole family—well-behaved pets are welcome, too—for a movie night under the stars at Holiday Drive-In.
14. Shop small, shop local, and shop ’til you drop at a variety of stores located all throughout the area.
15. Traveling with a four-legged family member? Discover ways to have a fantastic pet-friendly getaway.
16. Explore the Visitor Center at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial to learn all about a young Abe’s life in Indiana.
17. Satisfy your sweet tooth at Santa’s Candy Castle with classic candies, handmade chocolate, and, of course, frozen hot chocolate.
18. Whether your drink of choice is fruity and sweet or strong and stout, you’ll find just what you’re looking for at area wineries and breweries.
20. Plan the perfect picnic or play day at one of the area’s beautiful community parks.
21. Experience the peaceful grounds and marvel at the magnificent architecture at Saint Meinrad Archabbey.
22. Step back in time at one of the area’s hidden gems, Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum, and get a glimpse of life as it was during Abraham Lincoln’s early years.
23. Challenge yourself to find all the Santa statues throughout town. Need help? There’s a map for that!
24. Start a fun family travel tradition while you’re visiting the area and make it your most memorable vacation ever!