The five professional baseball teams in Indiana might not be "major league," but they are number one in the hearts of thousands of baseball fans across the state. Here are five things you need to know about the sport of summer here:
- The Evansville Otters play at Bosse Field, which was featured prominently in the movie "A League of Their Own." More info: www.evansvilleotters.com
- Parkview Field, home of the Fort Wayne Tin Caps is rated the "Best Minor League Baseball Experience" More info: www.tincaps.com
- Gary Southshore Railcats will offer a highly-rated baseball camp for kids this summer more info: www.railcatsbaseball.com
- The Indianapolis Indians are just a few stitches below the minor leagues and regularly feature Major League players who are rehabbing injuries and heading back to the club's "parent" organization the Pittsburgh Pirates. More info: www.indyindians.com
- The South Bend Silver Hawks who play in Coveleski Stadium, maintain an active kids club that feature special deals for children and families called "Swoop's Sidekicks." Website: www.silverhawks.com
Head out to a field near you this summer. Or even better, aim to catch a game at each of the five Indiana minor league baseball stadiums.
Have you been to a minor-league game in Indiana? Who’s your favorite team? We’ll announce a great deal you can get when you enjoy a game at one of these ballparks later today!