The harvest is nearing completion, and Indiana's Fall Bounty is the most delicious way to eat local this Thanksgiving. Fox 59 Morning News highlighted the delicious, Indiana farm-fresh tastes that you can add to your table this Thanksgiving.
Earlier this year, Visit Indiana, along with the Indiana State Department of Agriculture, unveiled a new focus on Culinary and Agritourism. The idea is farm-based and local tastes, which underscore the unique flavors of Indiana. Recently, Fox 59 hosted Visit Indiana executive director Mark Newman to highlight some local establishments that can help you find the best of Indiana's Fall Bounty to put a traditional Hoosier Thanksgiving feast on your table.
Each course of the feast is paired with a local beer, wine, or spirit for the occasion. These items can be found on the Indiana Grown website, Indiana Foodways Alliance website, or by visiting the website of the merchants. You can find links for each item on the menu below the video.
- Shrimp Cocktail - RDM Aquaculture - West Lafayette
- St. Elmoâ€™s Cocktail Sauce & Seasoning - Indianapolis
- Fair Oaks Farms â€“ Award Winning Cheeses
- Pairing: Oliver Winery - Bubblecraft White
- Pairing: Aftermath Cidery & Winery- Valparaiso - Running Vines Harvest Moon
- Smoked Turkey - Smoking Goose/Goose the Market- Indianapolis
- Wild Mushroom & Gruyere Green Bean Casserole with Toasted Pecans and Parmesan - Rails Epicurean CafÃ© â€“ Westfield
- Amish Noodles - Essenhaus- Middlebury
- Cranberry Orange Rolls - Bread Basket Cafe - Danville
- Peach Preserves & Apple Butter â€“ Tuttle Orchard - Greenfield
- Pairing: Two EE's - Roanoke (Traminette, Tannat, Plonqe)
- Pairing: Quaff ON! Brewing Company- Several locations (Nashville, Speedway, Bloomington, Franklin): Busted Knuckle
- Pumpkin Pie - Lisa's Pie Shop - Atlanta
- Pecan Pie - Apple Hill Orchard - Vincennes
- Dutch Apple Pie- Blue Gate Bakery - Shipshewana
- Pairing: Apple Brandy - Huber - Starlight Distillery
- Pairing: Sweet Corn Bourbon - Old 55- Newtown
- Pairing: Cinnamon Vodka -Hard Truth Distilling - Nashville
- Pairing: Byway Brewing- Hammond (CHI.P.A, Oat Street)
- Pairing: Pokro Brewing Company- Griffith (Amber Effect Red Ale, Pokro's Grodziskie Gratzer / Grodziskie, POKtoberfest Bock)
12 Days of Giveaways: Make sure you check out the Visit Indiana Instagram page starting November 1-12 for 12 Days of Giveaways! You could win tickets to one of several holiday shows around the Hoosier State.