After my recent visit to Richmond, Indiana, I'm thinking it would be the perfect place to getaway for a girls trip. Here is my reasoning on why ...
- Great "trails" to visit! I'm not talking hiking here. Richmond offers a Tiffany Windows Trail because it is home to a collection of Louis Comfort Tiffany stained glass windows. Within a four block area you can view four sites that offer a glimpse of these beautifully artistic windows. Check out more in their brochure. Another option - the chocolate trail. What a brilliant idea! Visit one-of-a-kind bistros, candy shops, cafes and more. Both trails are free!
- "Just Us Girls" Packages. When you book this special package, each individual will receive a packet full of goodies including: $25 gift certificate to Warm Glow Candle Outlet, complimentary glass of wine at J&J Winery, free ice cream and more! Several packages are available and one features the new Holiday Inn property which you don't want to miss!
- Shopping anyone? Richmond's Historic Depot District is home to galleries, shops, eateries and more. My highlights: Painte the Town Pottery (certificates included in some of the "Just Us Girls" packages) and Ghyslain Chocolatier - there are so many options here!
- Candles - who doesn't love candles and Warm Glow Candle Outlet has over 70 scents to choose from! Visit their new garden center which is already open as well as their expansion set to open up later this year.
- You have to eat right? And boy do they have options. Here are two must-visits (from my perspective of course!): Firehouse BBQ & Blues and Little Sheba's (dessert to die for!).
As you can see, Richmond/Wayne County has it all AND it is packaged just for you! All you have to do is book your trip, get your goodie bag and off you go. Now, just to find a date that works for everyone!