Enjoy one of the aquatic centers in Johnson County, south of Indianapolis.
The end of summer is almost here and if you're anything like me, you probably haven't taken enough days to enjoy these warm days before they're gone.
Here are the five things you (and I) have to do south of Indy before summer ends:
1. Enjoy a day at one of the area's aquatic centers. Freedom Springs in Greenwood, the Franklin Family Aquatic Center and the Edinburgh Aquatic Center are all great places to splash, swim and catch some rays.
2. Enjoy the splash pad. The Splash Pad at City Center Park in Greenwood is a fun place for kids to get soaked by the various water features. The park also has a fully-accessible playground, walking trails and more.
Kids will enjoy getting soaked at the splash pad.
3. Ice cream. Mrs. Curl Ice Cream Shop in Greenwood was recently named best soft serve ice cream in Indiana. Hoosier Cupboard in Franklin has a great selection of candy and ice cream. Pinocchio's in Greenwood has Italian ice cream. Ella's Frozen Yogurt in Greenwood is a great place for yogurt with all the toppings. Companion Ice Cream in Franklin featured small-batch ice cream.
4. Drive-in dining and drive-in movies. The Suds in Greenwood serves up root beer, burgers and more - and it's brought to your car. And Canary Creek Cinemas and Drive-In offers a super fun drive-in movie experience.
5. A nature walk. Johnson County is home to some great parks and nature areas.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have some summer fun I need to attend to. Click here for lodging to make it a great overnight trip.