"This patio runs on good drinks, good food, and good times." That is how Greater Lafayette does outdoor dining!
Lafayette-West Lafayette is home to not only patios but streateries. What is a "streatery" you may ask? “Streatery” means one or more parking spaces, used either as an extension of or a standalone sidewalk café, connected visually too, and for use by patrons of, a nearby restaurant or bar and service which is subject to all the terms and conditions of the nearby restaurant or bar’s food service permit.
Our community is home to both great outdoor dining spaces. We encourage you to embrace the outdoors and patio dining at these delectable restaurants:
- Bistro 501: Feel like you are dining in luxury as you feast on local French-inspired cuisine in this tree-lined downtown bistro.
- Black Sparrow: This (21+) eclectic-style pub and eatery is perfect for cheer and table. Their streatery is on Main Street, downtown Lafayette, offering fabulous Riehle Plaza views and view all the way east on Main.
- Brokerage Brewing Company: Come and gather. Grab a pint, food from a local food truck and enjoy Brokerage's patio!
- The Bryant: An eclectic array of food is offered at this West Lafayette restaurant to be enjoyed in their outdoor patio. Try one of their crazy shakes...they are Instagram worthy plus delicious!
- Cellar Wine Bistro: For date night, going out with friends, or making new ones, this wine bar offers a corner patio that has a great view of Main Street as well as many downtown festivals.
- Digby's: Bask in the amazing view of our beautiful courthouse while feasting on Velveeta-loaded french fries, duck egg rolls, wings and more!
- East End Grill: This downtown Lafayette restaurant has a small but mighty outdoor dining patio, but it's worth a visit as you enjoy the view of upper Main Street while eating the best truffle fries imaginable! Advice: order extra garlic aioli! It's amazing!
- Lafayette Brewing Company: The 1st brewery to receive Indiana's small brewers permit back in 1993 and is currently the 2nd oldest brewery in the state. This brewery showcases a fabulous patio for you to enjoy their beer and food. Typically 12 beers are featured at any given time. Four flagship beers are always on tap and are definite favorites.
- La Scala: Savor fine dining, fresh farm Italian specialties with a beautiful view of the courthouse square.
- Legacy Pub: Traditional pub food beckons at this south-side Lafayette restaurant boasting a very nice outdoor patio.
- McGraws Steak Chop & Fish House: Enjoy a riverfront view of the Wabash, browse their award-winning wine selection and indulge in a sumptuous gourmet dessert.
- Nine Irish Brothers: A gathering place of friends and co-workers, family and teammates, and visitors alike, who can sit back, enjoy a pint of Guinness and eat traditional Irish fare. Do not miss their large outdoor patios at both their Lafayette and West Lafayette locations.
- Old Buffalo's Outpost Bar & Grill: Their home cookin' tastes just like Momma used to make, and their friendly staff serves up some of the best cold brews and drinks in town. Spend some time relaxing on the patio, hangin' out with new and old friends.
- People's Brewing Company: Munch on beer cheese nachos and savor a locally brewed beer as you sit outdoors at People's patio. (21+)
- Red Seven: Sit and admire views of both the courthouse and Riehle Plaza at this hip and trendy restaurant located downtown Lafayette. Red Seven not only serves exceptional food, but the customer service is friendly and knowledgeable.
- Revolution Barbeque: This downtown barbeque joint is smoking mouthwatering meats daily. Their streatery is right in the middle of Main Street, giving diners great east and west views of downtown.
- Ritual: The most decadent and amazing cocktails around! Ritual is a streatery that gives diners the most amazing view of Riehle Plaza. We recommend trying their drink specials as they allow you to be a bit adventurous, and they are very satisfying!
- Spot Tavern (21+) & Eleventh House: Enjoy bagels and coffee in the morning from Eleventh House on the patio and then pizza from Snuggs in the evening while listing to great bands play all night!
- Star City Coffee: Sip on a seasonal flavored latte or get a boost of energy by drinking a double espresso as you wake up in the morning on this lovely outdoor patio.
- The Tap: Find 90 hand-selected beers on tap and fresh food with a view of Chauncey Village at this brewery/bar. (21+)
- Teays River Brewing & Public House: If you're looking for a restaurant that offers a fun and comfortable outdoor patio, authentic beer, and mouthwatering food, Teays River Brewing & Public House is your go-to place.
- Town & Gown: Flowers galore can be found in this beautifully landscaped outdoor patio. Smell the fresh flowers as you feast on light and fluffy pancakes, rich and flavorful biscuits and gravy, and decadent cocktails.
- Triple XXX Family Restaurant: Don't be nervous; try the Purvis! Munch on this burger loaded with delicious peanut butter at this local Indiana classic diner.
- Trish's Red Bird Cafe: Sit outside, admire the lovely public art mural on the side of the restaurant, and bask in home-style cooking at it's best!
- Walt's Other Pub and Walt's Pub & Grill both offer lovely sunset views on their patios on a nice evening!
- Wolfies: Located in Wabash Landing on the Levee, this patio is large and spacious! Order a refreshing American mule and take in the downtown Chauncey atmosphere.